|Keeping web hosting simple|
|How to switch hosts without having any down time
Switching to a new host can be a very smooth process or it can be very complicated. Following our steps will ensure that your move is a painless one.
1. The first step is to decide that you want to change hosts. Make sure not to cancel with your old hosting provider.
2. At this point you should have hosting accounts with two hosting providers the old and the new one. You will now upload your entire site from the old host to the new one. This can be done by connecting to their ftp and downloading all your files. Then connecting to the new hosts ftp and uploading all your files. If you would like us to help out, we will transfer your entire site over free of charge!
3. After you have all your files on both hosting accounts you will change your domain names dns. Our domain nameservers (dns) are the following:
If you have any questions we would be more then happy to help you, or even make the dns changes for you.
4. Once your dns changes have been made you will need to wait two days before your site will load off the new host. During this two day period your dns is propogating worldwide, and your site will be bouncing from the old host to the new host every other minute randomly. Once the two days is up your site will only be loading off the new host.
5. 48 hours should have passed now since you have updated your dns. If it has you will now contact your host you were moving from and cancel your account with them.
If you completed all the above steps you have successfully switched hosts, with no downtime at all!